Update from Faifee

Have just recovered from a five day stint in hospital getting test after test undertaken on my brain, spine, nerve responses and vision field.

So... I do not have a ?syrinx? (spelling?); my CSF flow is normal; I have quite a few problems with my spine (but the NS and I knew I had two of these, but we did discover another two!!... I don't know what I have done in my early years, but whatever it is was, whether it is ALL from my netball days or my nursing days, I have REALLY made a mess of numerous vertebrae!!); my vision is ok, just a bit dodgy on peripheral objects; my nerve responses are good... something about it being sensory rather than "something else"(insert medical term here... medical jargon and my medicated state do not do well together, even with 4 years of nursing behind me! :( ).

I go and see my NS again on Sept. 11th, so will see where we go from there.

He had mentioned either going down the path of waiting and seeing how I progress, or going ahead and having the surgery and doing the decompression and C1 laminectomy.

I feel good mentally, just over relying on people to get me from A to B... Bit like being 17 again!

Will be attending my awesome choir this week though, as I have missed being able to see them all, so I have "pre-booked" that little excursion in! Although I can hardly sing at the moment, I do enjoy just getting out of the house and listening to the wonderful singing that they do!

THANK YOU to everyone on here that has been so welcoming and supportive, it really has been so nice to have others know what I am feeling!!

522-Wilson2.jpg (81.3 KB)

Oh my word! You have been put through the ringer, but at least you know where you stand medically. I hope that you can get even more answers and some relief with your next NS visit. Please let us know how your appt goes and in the meantime, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

It is wonderful that you are in a chior. It is really great to have something to look forward to when you are physically down. Have fun and enjoy!

-Nicole

btw...nice to meet you.

I am glad that you had all the extensive testing done. At least you can rule some things out like a syrinx. That's great that syringomyelia is not an issue. Keep us poated on what you decide to do and what your doctor recommends on the 11th. Good luck and I hope you are feeling well :)