Hi..working on bouncing back, one thing, one day at a time:)

Hello my Chiari family,

I found a public network I could log into, YAY! Don't want to stay on too long because it's not secure.

Good news Hubby is slowly coming around, he did go with me to see NS yesterday and we are talking and doing some things to prepare ourselves for the time that I'll be on unpaid status until I can apply and get my pension, hopefully through disability.

Also great news from the NS, while I do have Chiari, he doesn't feel that surgery would help me at this time. He feels that the majority of my symptoms are more from the post concussion syndrome. He referred me back to the NL and also suggested that I see a cognative psychoanlyist for testing. I told him that I had seen one in 2006 and he suggested that I have the NL send me back to him to see if there's any change. He also said my symptoms could last for up to a year or more to go away. I'm just doing the best I can to get the things I need so that I wll be ok and start to figure where this is going to lead me and how to redefine who I am and what I can do in the present and the future to feel healthy, happy and productive. Prayer is always at the forefront of all that I do and think each day. Thanks again for your wonderful caring and support! Talk to you soon,

Aveet

Hi Abby,

Thanks so much:) I will. My emotions are such a mixed bag right now. I had to get something for my nerves so I can try to calm down and adjust and get through all of this change and upheaval. It is helping me to feel calmer and just try to do things a little at a time. Hope you are feeling well and have a great holiday weekend! So happy I'm able to log on and still come here for sharing, support and all of the good you all do. Again, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I don't think I could have dealt with all of this without the, friendship, support and compassion I have found here:)

Abby said:

Aveet,
Please keep us informed about you when you and know we are here for you. Take care and know your in our prayers.