Permanatly Disabled...a good thing?

Hello Everyone,

I've been quiet for awhile, just trying to cope and make adjustments to life since my injury and Chiari diagnosis.

I'm still having terrible headaches, dizziness and balance problems every day. I have a 5mm herniation, and post-concussion syndrome, as I keep losing my balance and hitting my head. So far this week, no accidents, so I'll take that as a good sign.

I found a very thorough neurologist that is willing to help me get my pension under disability. So, my primary sent a letter to Human Resources on Tuesday, now I'm waiting on an appointment with the city doctor to see if he will agree. Please keep me in your prayers as I will keep each of you in mine!

Praying! I hope things get easier for you!

Praying for you. I hope things work out with disability. Sounds like it's the right thing to do. I know how hard it is to file for but if it's needed it's the thing to do. I fall alot too. I always fall flat on my face because I don't have the reflexes to put my arms out. I fall like a tree! Anyway I am sending you prayers and healing postive thoughts......Wendy

Im happy for you and i hope all works out. I applied yesterday and have an appointment on july 17th.

Hi There..

Good luck with the doc and the paperwork for SSDI...it does not have to be a forever thing....if after time you are feeling good enough to work FT..then you can get off disability...I know the sound of those words..perm. disability can be distressing to say the least..

You will be in thought and prayer..keep us posted.