Tenderness of scalp

Has anyone here developed any tenderness of the scalp (away from incision) after surgery? I am now 5 weeks post-op and my scalp is tender to the touch more toward the top of my head. I’m not sure what to do and if this is at all related to Chiari.

Scalp tenderness can be a symptom of Occipital Neuralgia. I would definitely get it checked

I'm almost 2yrs post op in May and I still have tenderness of the scalp in the top of my head. I mentioned it to my NL and asked if he thought I had what Tracy Z said it was he said yes and that was it. I'm finding me another NL SOMEONE WHO CARES!

My daughter is 4 moths post op. Still tenderness up near the graft area.

I am 15 months post-op and I get fluid filled bumps like pimples all over my head. They cause a lot of tenderness and pain and I often have to pop them to relieve the pressure and pain. The fluid is always clear though.

I have some tenderness around my incision and sometimes it spreads to the top of my scalp. I'm 7 mos. post op and it seems to come and go. I wonder if it's nerves healing but don't know for sure. I go for a follow-up next month and will ask!

I know my incision/scar and head were, on the 28 I'll be 4 months out from surgery and still have tenderness and sensitivity at the incision site.

I AM still very sore on the right side of my incision. Its like a big circle area. Very tender and I can hardly brush my hair on that side. I am also wondering if it is normal. I am 2 and HALF no. Post op

lesley said:

I AM still very sore on the right side of my incision. Its like a big circle area. Very tender and I can hardly brush my hair on that side. I am also wondering if it is normal. I am 2 and HALF no. Post op

This circle area to the right sounds like what I have! Very tender, sometimes much worse than others. I’m asking my ns when I go next month!

yes sometimes it hurts worse than others. let me know what your ns says! its driving me crazy

Anglyn said:

lesley said:

This circle area to the right sounds like what I have! Very tender, sometimes much worse than others. I'm asking my ns when I go next month!