Surgery on monday (12/14/15)- sort of urgent question!

Hi all! So for the past four or so days (starting on Saturday) I've been having some scary intense vertigo I guess you could call it. It happened just laying in bed trying to sleep or relax and then multiple times when I was up and moving around or even sitting. My head just gets this heavy feeling and the room looks like it's spinning and I can't focus on anything. Everything feels like it's swaying and it makes me sick to my stomach. It happened about 5 times on Saturday, none really on Sunday, yesterday just laying down about to sleep, and today it's happened multiple times as I found out it's also triggered by leaning down- even if I stand back up slowly. SO here's my question- Have any of you experienced this? What did you do to help it? My doctor offered some meds, but I'm not sure I can take them with surgery a week away. Also, is this something I should update my surgeon on? Please help!

Hello

Chiari can send crazy things your way. Dizziness and vertigo definitely fit. For sure, talk about it with your medical crew. I would also suggest checking out the dizziness information in the "Chiari info for members". Good luck with that and your upcoming surgery.

I’m responding a little late but I had the same “vertigo” symptoms I do not believe I had vertigo. I tried the meds and physicAL therapy for vertigo and it appeared to help or maybe I just wished it was helping. After my surgery and recovery those vertigo symptoms disappeared. I believe Chiara is such a mysterious condition that so many symptoms we experience are misdiagnosed when really it comes down to one thing…chiara. good luck with surgery. I’m one year post op I’m very happy I had it but my journey isn’t over.