New Symptoms?

Hi everyone! I have been experiencing what I think are some new symptoms, but I'm not real sure. The last two days my vertigo has been pretty constant. Everything feels "spinny". Everything has been feeling kind of surreal, and I feel detached and kind of strange. I don't really feel bad, just weird. I also have a little bit of a headache, but not a bad one. Not sure if it's a Chiari thing or something else. I'm not even sure if I should call my regular doctor, or the neurosurgeon, or if I should just wait it out. Any suggestions?

I get something similar....When I look at the trees outside it just kind of feels sureal, I also get the spinny vertigo and the feeling of being on a small ship in choppy water. I think it is Chiari related, and would definately get checked out. The headaches can varry day to day with it even being so light it feels like one is threatening to come on but doesn't. I would be safe than sorry and call the doc! Wishing you luck with your journey! <3

Hello!
The advisement that they give is anytime there is a new symptom then it should be evaluated, especially if it is concerning to you. Might not be something you have to necessarily make an appointment for but I think it’s worth giving one of the nurses a call and going over it with them and they should be able to advise you and help sort out if you should go in to be seen or not. They are in a position to run it by your doc to see if the doc wants to see you or if they think it can wait. I think you should go with your gut. You know your body and if it is nagging at you discussing it with a health care provider maybe able to ease your mind. It may be just another chiari symptom that you add to your new normal but you never know, it could be something else, so I’m with LB76. It can’t hurt to give them a call and at least pose the question. Keep us apprised on how you are doing. Hugs and Prayers if acceptable to you till then! Kris

Dizziness is chiari related but there is a condition that is common with us that can also do that called p.o.t.s. check you pulse and blood pressure . With pots yr BP will go down and yr plus will race

Yes Vertigo / dizziness are a secondary symptom of Chiari. The physical nature of Chiari places strain on the brain (decreased blood flow, alter CSF flow, altered innervation and its associated perceived pain). The brain can then respond to this strain in not so useful ways. These patterns fall under "primitive reflexes" or "frontal release signs" and there are many of them. Depending on the person, different ones can become more prominent than others and cause their own specific concerns. Ahh! The uniqueness of CHiari. I used the tonic labrynthine, STNR, and ATNR exercises to banish the balance and funny dizziness feels that CHiari brought on. Good luck on havig any neurosurgeon or neurologist discuss this with you!

Anyways, my balance and dizziness problems are gone - no meds! so I am happy

Thanks everyone for the help! I've been feeling a little better, so unless I start feeling worse, I'm going to wait until my appointment on Wednesday. It's hard not knowing if you're having new symptoms or just an off day! Thanks again for the support!

Chiari for sure