Meds post op

I am three,Weeks post op and still on pain meds. I can go through the night ok, but during the day I still need to take them. I have tried Tylenol but it does nothing. Most of it is my neck. I hate taking meds, but hate the pain…

Jenutny,

I think you are being to tough on yourself. Pain builds on itself. It's better to try and nip it in the bud than wait till it gets bad. It's like when you give birth they don't give medals for toughing it out. I remember with my first surgery I needed pain meds for a few months. Have you tried muscle relaxers for your neck? They really helped me with the spasms and tightness as I healed. The neck part was the worst. It sounds like you are handeling it great.

Wendy

It is normal. I'm 7wks post-op, and like Emmaline, taking tylenol or advil most every day. At 3 wks I was still taking prescription motrin. Take care and rest, in time it will get better.

I still might have to get a shunt, waiting on some MRI results, so I am staying away from Motrin or aleve…which I would take, because it has,always been better for my pain then Tylenol. Just,wish I was back to my normal self. I still have headaches, but not as bad…and not every day… How long do they usually last post op?,

Thanks for the support, this really is a rough road to travel.