Is anyone dizzy?

Every second of my day i am dizzy! you ever get in a wave pool for while, and when you get out of it you still feel your body moving around? well thats how i feel everyday! its making me so mad!! and all the doctors say is, just wait until your visit at riley hospital! that has been months away!!! It effects everything i do.. especially things like, taking a shower.. brushing my teeth...using the toilet...everything.. i just feel like all my body wants to do is lay down!

is anyone else feeling this way or did feel this way??

Hi There...

I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I am lucky, I only get dizzy when I move too fast....like from a sitting to standing position.

Have you told your doc this???

I am sure others will add their own experiences with this.

I did have what you are talking about after decompression surgery...but it went away. Thank God..awful feeling.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Peace,

Lori

for the last 3 weeks i feel like im on a boat or bus thats moving. cant decide if its dizzyness, my legs not moving the instant my brain tells them to, or a bit of both.

i find that sleep solves the problem!

same here with the sleep thing! its all i want to do… but the minute i wake up its back to the dizzinies

hmm well...

im not on any medicine for pain, and this started before i was even put on any medicine.. all i am not right now is naproxen which is basically like prescribed alive or something..

its so aggrevating though... like i cant focus on anything specifically because it feels like my body is always in motion..Part of having chioari doesnt allow the fluid to flow to your brain correctly, so im thinking this could probably be causing it!

I am dizzy a lot. It's usually very minor for me, but it is fairly constant whenever I'm standing/walking.

mine is bad all the time!!! i hope yours get better for you! did they ever put you on any medicine or anything for it??

I'm not on any meds... except the occasional 600mg of ibuprofen when the pain gets too much. Me and meds don't tend to get along very well.

I had heavy dizzy spells up to decompression, and occasionally since. I eventually had to surrender my driver's license because of it.

Yep, I get dizzy so easily. My husband bought me a chair for the shower because he was afraid I'd slip and fall. You're not alone!

Katrina W.

oh yeah i know what you mean, my dad took my license and insurance away until i get "better"

Dylan said:

I had heavy dizzy spells up to decompression, and occasionally since. I eventually had to surrender my driver's license because of it.

oh no, i cant shower either.. way to dizzy!

i have to take baths, then shower off at the end :/

7thhousedoula said:

Yep, I get dizzy so easily. My husband bought me a chair for the shower because he was afraid I'd slip and fall. You're not alone!

Katrina W.

HI THERE....

THERE IS A MED CALLED ANTIVERT..IT IS A PRESCRIPTION MED..I AM NOT SURE IF AT YOUR YOUNG AGE THE DOCTORS WOULD TRY THAT . MAYBE YOU COULD ASK ABOUT IT..JUST TO SEE...SEEMS LIKE THE DIZZINESS IS THE MOST PROBLEMATIC SYMPTOM FOR YOU AT THIS POINT..AM i RIGHT?

YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AND THIS WILL GET BETTER..HANG IN THERE!

lORI

Oh yes, definetly my dizziness!!!! thanks lori! :)

lori said:

HI THERE....

THERE IS A MED CALLED ANTIVERT..IT IS A PRESCRIPTION MED..I AM NOT SURE IF AT YOUR YOUNG AGE THE DOCTORS WOULD TRY THAT . MAYBE YOU COULD ASK ABOUT IT..JUST TO SEE...SEEMS LIKE THE DIZZINESS IS THE MOST PROBLEMATIC SYMPTOM FOR YOU AT THIS POINT..AM i RIGHT?

YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AND THIS WILL GET BETTER..HANG IN THERE!

lORI

I feel this exact same way and its ruining my life. I'm afraid I won't be able to work much longer with this..I seriously do not know what to do next. I'm sorry you are having this problem..Is it bad that I'm glad I'm not the only one?

Antivert, meclizine, dramamine, valium...all are supposed to help with the dizziness..but NONE of them work for me..NOTE-it's only 2mg of Valium that is specified for dizziness..anything greater than 2mg causes dizziness...all of these can be purchased over the counter and may help (except the valium).

They really used to scare the crap out of me, until I heard the “Doom Song” from Invader Zim. Now I play it in my head when the dizzy spells happen and visualize that silly robot Grr singing it. It becomes hard to take the situation seriously, and the dizziness isn’t as scary. It always seems to pass quicker if I am not freaking out about it.

I too have been in a dizzy, off balance, fog like feeling for the past week straight- all i want to do is sleep as well or be laying down. I am in my last few weeks of my semester for school and am getting the decompression surgery right after. It has been difficult and I have to wait to complete some of my classes now as everything seemed to get worse all of a sudden. I am hoping it goes away after recovery but it is very frustrating and I dont know what to do about it either..

just keep doing what you can!

Please get this checked out. Have you ever heard of POTS. It's a disorder that is associated with Chiari. I got so dizzy last week I fell and got a closed Concussion & had a Mini Stroke. Please just tell your Dr. the next time you see them.

I as well get dizzy. It is some what better after I have been sitting for a long period of time and move more slower but it is still hard so I feel your pain.