Botox

I had my Botox injections yesterday for the first time. There were 37 total. 31 in my head ans neck and the extra 6 she used for sore spots along my c-spine. The injections on the forehead were painful and alonSg the left side where my Occipital Neuralgia is worse, but overall it was just uncomfortable. Some of the ones in the back om my head I didn't even feel. If they work, it will be worth it. My NL said it would take a few days to work. I am just a little sore today and do have a headache.

QUESTION**** For anyone who has had botox injection and has facial pain or neuralgia:

Does it help with the pain in your face? I never even thought to ask her.

Nicole

Wow, who would have thought Botox would help with pain. Does insurance pay for the shots? I was on adderall for memory and focus ( it really helped) but my nurse practioner took me off because they thought it was raising my blood pressure. That and ativan seemed to be the only med's I have been given that really made a difference for my symptoms without giving me weight problems. But yes, they do like to prescribe cymbalta. It does work, I just dont like gaining weight!

I have been through all of the neurologic meds used for pain, headaches etc, in the past two years so my insurance approved it.

When it is injected, it destroys the pain receptors in that area, prevents muscle spasms and also works on the nerves. It seems promising. I am flared up right now and in quite a bit of pain (had PT this morning). It should become most effective in a few days, then last for around three months. I return in three months for more shots.