Botox anyone?

Went to my neurology appointment today. in addition t
to chiari I also suffer from classic migraines. we have exhausted our medication options. so my neurologist now wants to try botox injections. specifically 31 injections all over my head neck and shoulders. have anyone out there been through this treatment and does it help

My daughter has not. Her NL has mentioned before. Being there is not one local spot and she is pediatric its hard to find a Dr that will do it on her.

Susan

Working for BC& BS I approved many of these treatments. No one ever told us they didn't work, but I have never had them myself. It is a very common treatment for migraines though.

i was approached about them, even approved for them but because they faultered in telling me they were approved until AFTER the new year (NEW Deductible) they are impossible, also my insurance WILL ONLY approve 10 injections.

so if you are even considering this as an option- make sure your insurance approves ALL of them

I’m considering it since my ns suggested we try it. I work at a hospital and it’s done all the time…lots of success stories! The only reason I haven’t done it yet is my body seems to reject everything…even my own plasma. So it makes me a little nervous, but I haven’t seen any of my patients have any bad reactions.
:o) Monique

Definitely get a pre auth from your insurer. It will say on the authorization how many they will pay for. The frequency limitations are different on every policy. Good Luck Ladies...let us know how they work.

I have a close friend that has had several treatments and he swears by them.

Thank you all for your input. Luckily, I have a few weeks to think about it before I make any decision. I just don't know what to think about this one.

Tracy can you tell me is that a BC/BS policy that they authorize them? the reason I am asking is, my NL also suggested them, but I was told they are NOT a covered service because they (bc/bs) thinks they are still experimental.... I would be interested to know!

TracyZ said:

Working for BC& BS I approved many of these treatments. No one ever told us they didn't work, but I have never had them myself. It is a very common treatment for migraines though.

I would be interested to know how well they work if you get them.. Please keep us posted on your decision and if they help should you decide to try them out!

Tomorrow is the DAY! I will become a human pin cushion for 31 botox shots. I have certainly done much more invasive things in hopes of lessening my symptoms. So I will keep everyone updated on how this works for me.

im going for the botox injections in a week i will let you guys no how mine turned out.