Update on surgery

Well got the call from the hospital about an hour ago, it is still taking time for all of this to sink in even though surgery is tomorrow. Anyhow I have to report to the hospital at 9:30 for surgery at 12:30. The usual rules apply that nothing to eat or dink after midnight, be sure to bring a list of any new medications, make sure someone is driving you (like I am going home afterwards, HAHA), blah, blah, blah... and I still have my ups and downs regarding surgery. More ups but still afraid.

more to come later as I find out

What type of surgery are you having Michael???

My heart goes out to you man <3

Having the decompression done. In his notes he has it label as a craniotomy, c1 laminectomy, duraplasty, and cranioplasty. Thanks... still scared but that is normal for major surgeries right? Hope all is well with you Bill.

Susan and Emmaline,

thanks. right now I am just focusing on day to day issues. With my full plate I do not think, I have much time for anything else. Emmaline I would ask him but he has a very, very (did I mention very, very) dry sense of humor so I might ask him if he is going to fill the empty cavity with a working brain instead. As for the nurse, eh, I think she was reading from a script.

Michael,

I hope you have a great day with your beautiful family and I will be thinking about you all day tomorrow and sending you prayers and good healing energy. I practice a form of Reiki so I can really send you energy. Just breath and know that you have alot of people that care about you here that will be praying for you. Can't wait to hear all about it. Pretty soon you'll be on the other side of this and it will be so much better.

Wendy

SO, I had my surgery Thursday. I came home today. It's all about getting the right combo of meds and rest. I feel great and glad to be home. It was very scary the night before surgery, basically no sleep. Nothing anyone says is going to make you not be scared. I did my best to distract myself. Spent the day before with the kids swimming and things like that. I had a lot of family come to the hospital for my surgery. That was also a good distraction. I have a crazy sense of humor, so I tried to humor my nerves away. Good Luck! and if I learned anything at all, if a med is not working make them change it immediately. I was stubborn and didn't want to take the percocet because it made me feel ill and have crazy dreams. Instead of insisting they change it immediately, i was stubborn and didn't take any pain meds for almost 12 hours, and the dose I took before was only a half of a dose at that. SO be strong and make sure they take care of what you need. IT's all about you.

Good luck, sending wishes of a quick, peaceful recovery your way!

xoxo

Katrina W.

Best of luck tomorrow…keeping you in prayer!

Good luck. You will be wonderful. Can’t wait to hear from you soon. Ferret

MIchael, wishing you a speedy recovery! Knowing how you feel right now I will be keeping you and your family in our prayers! xoxoxo Nicole

Praying for you Mike !!!

Best of luck! Thinking of you!

Good luck! I'll be praying for you! :)

Prayers for you!!

Buckets of prayers and blessing sent your way with heart felt wishes of an miraculas recvery. The angles be with you and carry you through. May God bless you with a speedy recovery.