My sons surgery today

Wanted to let you all know steven had his surgery this morning and is doing good. He is resting comfortably. The NS said he is glad we decided surgery, he said he was pretty crowded and will definately feel better. Yaaay! Thanks for all the support!

Thanks for letting us know..please keep us updated on his recovery..also..be sure to take care of YOU , as well..!!

That's great thanks for the update ! Gentle hugs to both of you.

Wonderful, I hope Steven feels better and better.

Update, steven is doing great. He walked the floor in the middle of the night. His pain level is still pretty intense. They must have pinched his tongue during surgery, the left side is swollen and a little sore but dr. Said its not neuro related because he can move/wiggle it. No throwing up!!! My husband and I snuck home for a couple hours of good sleep. I have to give a shout out for the staff here they have been awsome. We are at the barrows neurological in phoenix.

Great news! I'm glad he is doing so well and I wish him a speedy recovery! :)

Update day 3.

Yesterday afternoon was rough. They took away the morphine and tried a few different pain meds, that led to trying to catch up on pain, he was in horrible pain across his forehead and we were behind the 8 ball as they say. Then he threw up once because the new oxy and no nausea medicine. We finally got it all straight about midnight last night. His tongue must have been pinched during the intubation and the right side is really swollen which is making it very hard to eat anything. They moved him into a regular room last night.

This morning he finally ate half of a yogurt cup yay. He was getting pain meds every 2 hours and this morning he went 3 hours before he woke up and asked for meds. It is a very slow process but I think we are still moving forward.

If it was only the neck pain we were dealing with I think he would be progressing faster because he really doesnt complain about that as much as he is grabbing his forehead and saying it is shooting pains. Dr. Says the forehhead pain is normal because of all the csf fluid he lost during surgery and it will take up to 2 weeks to feel better.

Did anybody else have this type of pain? Thanks again for the well whishes and will keep updating.

Charlene