Update on my sons surgery

Hello all,

Well this afternoon we found out why my son was in such horrible pain. The Dr. Didnt like the way steven looked this afternoon and the fact that his pain was worse. He couldnt even lift his head off the pillow. He ordered a ct scan and saw that the "sinus venus vein" hope I spelled that right. Was being compressed. The didnt have to go back into the brain, if I have this right it was right at the base of the skull. The Dr. Said once they releived it they saw the blood moving better. He said this should take care of the horrible headache and speed up his recovery. So back in ICU tonight.

Thanks for listening, it helps me to write these :)

Charlene

I hope he’s back on track now. Are you doing ok?

Steven is much better today. He is up and moving and said his head is much better. Thank god that his NS is one that really pays attention to his patients. hope to take him home I a couple days. :)

I'm like they've eased his headache and he's up and moving! I hope he has an easy recovery from here on out! :)

How is your son doing Charlene???

Thank you for asking, Steven is having a good recovery from surgery. he got his staples/stitches out on this past Friday. The doctor was impressed with how much movement he has in his neck already and doesn't need to go back for 4 weeks for another check up. On the other hand his anxiety is still an issue, but I don't think this is chiari related. His anxiety/panic attacks got really bad right before surgery which is understandable then mellowed out until just these past few days. We took him back to his primary today and he took him off all meds except some valium and a very low dose of hydrocodone. He was down to taking Tylenol and a muscle relaxer and the Dr. believes that the valium and hydrocodone will work better for both his anxiety and muscles. He was also concerned about the amount of Tylenol he had been taken and told him to stop taking it.

Paige and I are sending you every ounce of strength and good luck we have. Much love to him and we wish him and you well.