Surgery tomorrow!

Tomorrow is my big day. I am finally having my surgery. I am terrified, and excited all at once. I pray that this will help and relieve my symptoms. I just want to go back to being a good mom, and I actually want to go back to work....lol

There are still a lot of unknowns that are there, but I'm will face them head on and deal with them as they come. You guys have been so great and have helped relieve a lot of fear! I'm not sure when I will be back on here, but I will definately post as soon as I can!

Prayers and Hugs,

Amber

Good luck!! I hope all goes well and for a fast and painfree recovery!!

-Alicia

Good luck to you. It sounds as though you have a good attitude about the surgery. That will go a long way toward your having a good recovery. It's normal to be scared a bit; but, I found that nothing was ever as bad as I could imagine it to be. I didn't find the surgery experience and the recovery real bad at all....I hope you won't either. And, I felt so much better when it was over and my symptoms were improved so much. Will be anxiously awaiting news of how you are doing.

Hugs

Shirley

Oh wow. I will pray for a successful surgery for you. I know exactly how you feel. Can't wait to get to the other side of this and get your life back. All will be good and you will be well again.

Sending loving prayers for your speedy recovery.

Kisimi

Prayers are with you my friend....you are taking a much needed step on the road to feeling better. I will be looking out for a good report!

-M

My prayers are with you. I pray you have a speedy recovery. Hugs!

Love and prayers to you!!!

Thanks everyone. It helps to know I have so many people praying for me! I will post as soon as I can.

Hugs,

Amber

Amber!

My surgery went fast and nearly everything is back to 100%. The only thing I am having issues with memory and how to type. Weird right? Right leg, right arm, right shoulder - pain free. I can use my right hand to full capacity and I wiggle my toes on my right foot!

The thing that happened after surgery was a spinal headache which they told me was pretty normal. I have staples holding all up :P

I cannot wait to hear from you. Best wishes and write soon,

Hug- Tina

Good Luck, my prayers are with you!!!

Prayers and positive thoughts!!! I hope everything comes out awesome and you start feeling better!!!

Amber....

You are in all our thoughts and prayers...cannot wait to have hear from you!!!

Blessings,

Lori

Praying your surgery went well!

Hi Amber.....

Thinking of you and praying that your recovery thus far is going well....when you can....let us know how you are.

Blessings,

Lori

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers! Today is probably the first day that I am feeling pretty normal. I do have some headaches that come and go, but I think that is also from the muscles being cut and the halo that they put on to stableize my head during surgery. It was nice to take a shower and blow dry my hair. They shave quite a bit off, but luckily my hair was long enough that it covers it up pretty nice. I have staples, and they are a bit uncomfortable. I notice that sleeping on my side is the best posistion for that. Definately taking my pain pills and muscle relaxers are the best if taken on a schedule.

But I can say this, not once have I had the cramping in my hands, the pain in my back or shoulders, the dizziness, the weakness that I've felt before. I do get the ringing in my ears every now and then, but I think it's because of all the swolleness, my heart is not getting the palpatations as much as it was before. I really truly belive that this is going to help out a lot! I'm excited. I have had a couple nights with tears from the pain. But I have an amazing husband who has been there to hold me until I fell alseep again from the meds.

Thank you everyone for all the encouragement and support. I'm glad I'm on the other side of the line, but I can't wait to offer support or any info to anyone who in need of it!

Love to all!

Amber

Amber,
I am very happy for you! Glad that some symptoms are leaving! Remember that the headaches are from doing to much. Just got yelled at by my neurosurgeon because I was not lying flat for 1 hour after 1/2 hour of walking or doing something else.
Thank you so much for keeping us updated because I was getting worried! I will still keep you in my prayers!

Hugs, Tina

I am so glad something good is happening to such a good person. I admire your bravery, and your willingness to document your experience with us fellow endurers of AR-Chiari! Thank you, and may your recovery continue to go smoothly!

Thanks for sharing, I can’t wait until I am on the other side…this waiting is so hard

i pray that all went well

Hi....

So glad that you are feeling positive results already!!!!! You will be of great help to others who are awaiting surgery.

make sure you do not over-do!!!

Blessings,

Lori