Trying not to worry

The hospital called me yesterday to preregister me for my surgery. When the woman asked me if I wanted a living will I thought I would lose it. I understand that any surgery can be dangerous and I know that when you are dealing with such a vital part of you even more so. Just hearing the words struck fear in my heart. I know I am making the right decision as I can't continue to live like this and hopefully this will work but sometimes the anxiety just gets the best of me. I haven't even met my brand new grand daughter yet & don't think I can handle the 10 hour trip before surgery. Ok time to stop all this now. I will be positive.

I'm sorry you are so stressed! If it makes you feel better they asked me about a living will when I went for an MRI. I think they ask everyone regardless of what you are having done! I've not had this surgery so I cannot speak from experience but I think being scared and anxious is natural.

Hi.....

Hey ..just wanted to tell you that I felt that feeling when the hospital asks about the living will thing..they do it every time you have even the smallest of procedures done....but just those words..living will..can knock the wind out of ya..

Congrats on your new grand baby!!! After you are home a while after surgery I am sure you will be able to make the trip

to meet her..that will be great..i want to see pictures!!!

It is good that you posted how you are feeling b/c like you said ..sometimes the anxiety can get the best of you..well..let me tell ya, i am the queen of anxiety ..and you all here save my butt!!!!

keep us updated on things.

For me surgery was an emotional roller coaster but I'm so glad I had surgery. How exciting to have a new Granddaughter!

Hang in there! Hopefully you will get to see her in a few months and you will be feeling great.

((Big Hugs))

Diana