Thank you for being here

Hello All,

I'm sorry I've been sort of MIA lately. So very much in my life has changed since my accident and Chiari diagnosis at the end of March this year. It seems as though I've become a completely different person in just the blink of an eye, or bump of the head as it were.

I've become disabled, and retired as I am no longer able to do my job, working for the courts the past 23 years. I will be able to collect my pension with no penalty once I finally get all of the appointments and paperwork done. Working for the city has it's perks but the wheels turn oh so very slowly and no one seems to care that I haven't had a paycheck since mid May. Anyhow, it will be over soon and that stress will be gone....HOORAY!!!

Thank godness for my wonderful husband, family and great friends, here and also with me. I don't know how I would've survived the past four months without all of you.

So now, I'm trying to cope with the pain of these daily headaches, some days worse than others, loss of balance and coordination and short term memory loss. Lost of lists daily help, as well as just focusing on two things at a time, and then the next and so on. My smartphone is great as it helps me remember what I need to do and where to be, also I can look up all of the words I can't remember how to spell so often. My cane and I have become friends, I want to get a walking stick, but my hubs isn't ready for that yet and that's ok.

I'm hoping to focus on living each day as it comes, enjoying the good ones, accepting the bad ones and being grateful for all of the Blessings I am lucky to have right here right now:)

Thanks so much for being here, sharing your stories and listening to mine:) I hope to be feeling better, coping with where I'm at in my life and being here more to encourage, support and be a friend to each of you!

God Bless you:}

Aveet

In spite of your troubles, you manage to reach out to each of us--especially new members. Please know that we are here for you, too. I hope you are feeling stronger and that those paychecks are finally coming in!

Take care,

D

diana said:

In spite of your troubles, you manage to reach out to each of us--especially new members. Please know that we are here for you, too. I hope you are feeling stronger and that those paychecks are finally coming in!

Take care,

D

Aw, thank you:)

aveet said:

diana said:

Take care,

D