Swelling after Decompression Surgery

So I am now 10 days shy of 2 months post op of my decompression surgery. About a month ago I noticed swelling were my scar is. It feels like a half of a water balloon. Its soft and hurts to lay on it. When I called my Surgeon about it he told me swelling is normal and to sleep with a pillow. Sleep with a pillow, really I have been doing that since the surgery. Any thoughts on what it could be? Made an appointment with my regular doctor. He seems to listen more and care a little more too.

I had a lot of swelling around my scar, my neck was huge, the swelling didn’t completely go away until 3 months or so after surgery. I was told to try and be upright more to help the swelling go down just in case it was water retention. Definitely go to your family doctor just to make sure it’s nothing serious. Good luck!

Thanks!! for the advise. Glad to know its not just me.

Hi I am only 3 weeks post op but my neck is very swollen and feels alittle squishy but dosnt hurt,its seems to get smaller when I am up during the day , when I left the hospital my consultant said it was normal to have swelling and pain for a while , luckily my pain isn't so bad I just feel weak, hope you make a full recovery xxxxxx