Post op swelling

Hello everyone! I’m 3 weeks post op today from decompression with duraplasty. I’m feeling more fatigued this last week than the previous. I have two areas at the top of the back of my head, each about 2 inches over from incision, that are swollen and firm but I can press and make indention. It gives me a bit of a headache when I pressed. I called dr yesterday and haven’t heard back yet. Any help is appreciated!!

Hopefully it's nothing to worry about. Hopefully your doctor can see you and ease your mind on it though. I know I had a little bit of fluid, blood, and inflammation during the early weeks and they went away on their own! Keep us posted!

You will have lots of ups and downs,the swelling might be normal but it will be a good idea to be seen,I’m 16 months out and it has not been a smooth road.I have developed some pretty awful symptoms but even with that I am better than before,this recovery is a hard thing to get through and it’s not like any other surgery I’ve endured.It seems we may take one step forward then two back.The thing to do is roll with the punches and keep pushing ahead hoping for a better day tomorrow.I was told it would be a year but so far it seems that it will be more,sure hope you are recovering well and the swelling is just part of the healing process it will take a while for that to get better.You might feel better to let the NS look at it and make sure it’s O.K. You’re in my prayers.