Surgery

So my decompression surgery is scheduled for Aug 1st. And i wont lie… Im terrified

I’m so glad you are finally getting your surgery. Try not to be scared. Things will work out. Just think that you will be getting relief from the pain. I will send positive thoughts your way.

Kelly :slight_smile:

Hi, lyoness! Think of all the good the surgery will do. At first it probably will be much harder, but after that you will get better! :) I'm having the surgery on Monday, and I'm excited, because it will give me a chance to feel alive.:) Focus on the positive and it will lessen your fear. Try doing more the things that calm you. For me that was researching Chiari, getting fimiliar with it. Comedy. I think comedy calms me. Do your things to prepare mentally. Maybe try meditation, if you haven't already. If you havent- don't be afraid of it. Even 5 minute meditation has great benefits! :)

Best of luck,

Kristine

I was scared just as you are before surgery, but its been almost a year and surgery was a sucess. Just think of all the good things that can come from this and life without the long list of symptoms that this terrible condition causes. You will be over this before you know it!

Thank you Brenden for those kind words of comfort

Brenden said:

I was scared just as you are before surgery, but its been almost a year and surgery was a sucess. Just think of all the good things that can come from this and life without the long list of symptoms that this terrible condition causes. You will be over this before you know it!

Hi lyoness, my surgery is one week from today, so I completely understand. I just keep reminding myself that things will be so much better after the surgery. Keep your head up, good things are coming your way!

Thank you ianc for encouraging me

IanC said:

Hi lyoness, my surgery is one week from today, so I completely understand. I just keep reminding myself that things will be so much better after the surgery. Keep your head up, good things are coming your way!