Decompression tomorrow morning!

I am having depcompression tomorrow morning, and I am a bundle of nerves. I thought I was pretty prepared...but now I just feel scared! Any last words of advice before they mess around with my brain!!!!???

sorry no advice but prayers and positive thoughts.

You are in my prayers. I remember going into surgery I had emergency surgery do I was really prepared. But anyway I prayed all the way done the hall. I felt so alone on that long trip down the hall. Just God and I. I know it is so scary having to have a brain operation. But know you are not alone. Best wishes for you!

Sorry I ment to I was not prepared for surgery. I pray that God may comfort you and your family. May he ease your mind and send peace your way.

edock said:

You are in my prayers. I remember going into surgery I had emergency surgery do I was really prepared. But anyway I prayed all the way done the hall. I felt so alone on that long trip down the hall. Just God and I. I know it is so scary having to have a brain operation. But know you are not alone. Best wishes for you!

Let go and let God! Know that the Lord will protect you in the midst of it all. I will keep you in prayer.

Just know that we are all here for you... I haven't had mine yet so I dont know what to say that can calm you, but I will be thinking and praying for you.

Thank you all … I know lots of prayers are coming my way…and it is appreciated…

I haven't officially had decompression, mine was an ineffective minimally invasive form. But they did go into my neck and head. I don't know what kind of advice you are looking for, but I will tell you how it went for me.

I was scared out of my mind! Worried about my son and what would happen if I wasn't there to care for him b/c I'm all he has. I ran around for a month after I got the date trying to get everything in order. Baby book, will, wrote him letters, recorded messages. Didn't sleep a wink the night before, just held him in my arms all night watching him sleep. Was a crazy bundle of nerves the morning of, waiting and praying. Then the moment they wheeled me into the OR I felt this sudden peace and comfort come over me and I knew everything was going to be fine.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers while we wait to hear how you are. Best wishes for a successful surgery and prayers for peace and comfort.

Sorry I ment to I was not prepared for surgery. I pray that God may comfort you and your family. May he ease your mind and send peace your way.

edock said:

Know that we are all praying for you and I will wear purple so you’ll be on my mind all day. I am 9months post op and although it was a long recovery, I can honestly say that between the meds and the grace of God…I know that it was painful and scary, but at the same time I don’t really remember it. Kind of like child birth ( my ICU nurse gave me this analogy)… You know that it was painful, but you don’t remember the pain…it’s important that your husband or another person be in charge of you…make sure they stay on top of the nurses and doctors and that you get what you need. I was so blessed to have awesome care, but I truly would not be as afraid if I had to do it again. Be sure they give you something to relax you as soon as your admitted. Relax and be sure to let us know how your doing!

Thanks everyone for the advice…I will keep my credit cards at home…I am feeling a little bit more at ease.

lots of good thoughts and prayers for you and for a speedy recovery!

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you today I hope yoursurgery has gone well

You're in my thoughts and prayers

I go for surgery in a week and you are making me laugh with the stuff arriving in the mail. I'll have my husband confiscate my credit cards. Too funny!

Jenutny, hoping all went well!

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I had surgery on Feb 6, I am doing great. I feel better than I have in years. Recovery was quick and easy.

Hope you are doing well! xoxoox

I’m super tired, and sore. Throw up all the time. Guess they did more then expected. Trying to stay positive.