Surgery went well, recovery has been tough so far

Maddies surgery went great, they woke her in the OR and being the gymnast that she is, the Dr told us she was still on her belly and started to do a push up to get off the table:) I knew she would be tough. He said her herniation was very large and it was quite tight in there, we made a good decision to have this done.

Everything was great, until the anesthesia wore off, we had to wait an hour for the nurse to get a new order that she could have morphine more frequently...poor girl cried for an hour in pain. Heart rate was in the high 120's, after her morphine it is back down to the 80s. Of course it upsets me and all she keeps saying is "Sorry Mom" LOVE that kid!!!!!

I will let you know how tomorrow goes, thanks all for the well wishes!

Thank the Lord! So glad to hear that it went well. Will continue to pray for her during her recovery.

Being just a couple weeks out from surgery, I can feel her pain! The first 48 hours are bad. It gets much better much faster, after that.

Pammy,

I am so happy she is doing well and that you are too. It sounds like you did make the right decision. GREAT! Now you are all on the other side and you can take care of her and help her heal and watch her progress. I am praying for you.

Awesome news

Wendy

When this happened to me after the surgery, my sisters would rub my feet and it really helped - both me and them. It helped calm me down and i think that it helped them because they felt powerless as they waited for the medication and it was something that they could do which was actually helpful.

What a great team...her entire field hockey team traveled to Boston tonight to visit her. She got out of bed and walked a little for them. She is still on IV for fluid only and morphine as needed, she was in about the worst pain she had been in after they left, then her meds kicked in and since seems a little better. Not eating and drinking much still but did have some broth and couple of crackers, my intuition is telling me we are heading in the right direction...fingers crossed for a good night, thanks all!

What a wonderful group of friends!! You must be the best friend in the world for all of them to come and visits!
Praying for a speedy recovery, and as little pain as possible!
Sleep well in knowing they all love you!
Barb, in WI

What a beautiful bunch of girls. How nice of them that they came to visit. Thanks for the update. Hope it's a better day today than it was yesterday.
pammyg said:

What a great team...her entire field hockey team traveled to Boston tonight to visit her. She got out of bed and walked a little for them. She is still on IV for fluid only and morphine as needed, she was in about the worst pain she had been in after they left, then her meds kicked in and since seems a little better. Not eating and drinking much still but did have some broth and couple of crackers, my intuition is telling me we are heading in the right direction...fingers crossed for a good night, thanks all!

Pammyg, just wanted to give you an update on my 4 yr. old granddaughter who had her surgery last Wed. 11/07. She was in the hospital for 5 days and sent home with lots of pain and nausea until last evening. It is like someone turned on a light switch and she is back to her old self. We went to see her today and she is sitting up and walking and playing with her brother. She had her first shower. She has no pain and no stiffness. It was like a miracle! What a difference a day can make. The first week was rough, but we can finally all breathe again. Hang in and know it really does get so much better. By the way she is also in gymnastics and it is her favorite activity. She also takes swimming lessons, dance and soccer. When I asked her doctor if she would have any restrictions, the answer was absolutely not. She can do anything she wants. Thinking of you and your daughter. I hope today was a better day.