Returning to work

Hi!
I’m four weeks post-surgery with a release to return to work after 6 weeks. I’m just wondering if this is “standard practice” or if 8 weeks seems more reasonable.

I’m due back to work in another week. This week is my 4th week post op. My NS said if I need more time to let him know. I think when I’m really to go back I’m going to request teleworking the first two weeks. This way if my neck gets tired I can rest comfortably at home. I’m just grateful I have teleworking as an option.

Happy you are doing so well Lori & Teja !!!

I was originally scheduled to go back at six weeks but I got sick unrelated to the surgery and ended up taking 8 weeks. Even though I had an easy recovery the first few weeks were rough on my neck! Take it easy and don’t be afraid to ask for more time if you need it!

I agree with Beeba too. I've seen people who are used to being in pain being able to tough it out alot. Sometimes though people get so used to being tough they forget to be kind to themselves. No one should be judging you, not even yourself. This is the time to be kind to yourself and focus on healing. Don't rush the healing if you are able :) .