Post surgery sleep comfort

I will be having surgery Jan 11. What’s the best way to sleep comfortably after. I’m trying to get things in order so I’m prepared.

For me it was lying on my back on couch so i couldnt roll over in my sleep cause i am a stomach sleeper. Pillows surrounding you on bed also work. I used really soft pillows and was propped up to keep pressure down.

For me it was lying on back propped up and surroundi g myself with pillows so i couldnt roll over as i am usually a stomach sleeper. I used super soft pillows under my head and sometimes slept on couch as it was easier for me to get up and down. I also set up a table next to me for drinks, snacks and meds so if i felt bad i wouldnt have to get up. But if you have someone to take care of you that wont be an issue. Best of luck.

allura

ok well i was in the icu for a week after surgery, and during that week i was on meds so i didn't have trouble sleeping at all. and after i came off the meds i was just so tired that i had no trouble sleeping as all your energy is put toward healing you. i was in hospital and my bed was at a completely upright sitting position and i fell asleep like that, mid eating a sandwich (it was in my mouth, mid bite.) with a freezing pack leaking freezing cold water on me. i didn't know it was leaking as i thought it was just water coming of the outside of the freezing pack which was on my head.

Thanks guys!! I’ll will keep you updated. I hope you didn’t choke on your sandwich lol.

haha luckly i had some very caring and nice nurses there that helped me out

blhohensee said:

Thanks guys!! I'll will keep you updated. I hope you didn't choke on your sandwich lol.