Sleeping After Surgery

I'm having surgery on Thursday. I don't know what it's going to be like to sleep flat after the surgery, so I'm thinking of buying this wedge system because it looks like it will take pressure off my neck. Do you think it's worth the investment?

http://www.relaxtheback.com/sleep/bed-wedges/purefit-adjustable-wedge-system.html

I would wait and see how you are feeling. I was certain that I wouldn’t be able to find a comfortable position post-op because I’m a stomach sleeper but I was surprised that it wasn’t so bad and my pillows were enough to keep me comfortable. My daughter bought me a wedge type pillow for the bed and I ended up not using it because it wasn’t comfortable. I was only comfortable totally laying down or totally upright. The inbetween position, like in the picture in your link, wasn’t a comfortable position for me. That’s why I would suggest waiting to see if you need something more than what you have at home. Good luck with your surgery!

Thanks, Wendy.

Wendy said:

I would wait and see how you are feeling. I was certain that I wouldn't be able to find a comfortable position post-op because I'm a stomach sleeper but I was surprised that it wasn't so bad and my pillows were enough to keep me comfortable. My daughter bought me a wedge type pillow for the bed and I ended up not using it because it wasn't comfortable. I was only comfortable totally laying down or totally upright. The inbetween position, like in the picture in your link, wasn't a comfortable position for me. That's why I would suggest waiting to see if you need something more than what you have at home. Good luck with your surgery!

Thanks, Emmaline.

Emmaline said:

It looks like a lot of parts to mess with that you may not feel like messing with. I was more than able to get comfy, just have lots of pillows around. I did better upright during the day, and really didn't nap at all after surgery. I had a bed tray so I could put my laptop on it so I had something to do. The incision was painful to lay on so when I was sleeping, I slept on my side.

Good luck to you on Thursday! =)