Pillows to help with sleeping

Afternoon all! I was wondering what kinds and how many pillows you all use to sleep at night?

I had my decompression surgery in July of 2014 and have had a hard time sleeping ever since. The last couple months I’ve started having problems with sleep apnea (which I’d never had prior).

If I lay almost totally flat then I don’t have problems with apnea, but then my neck hurts. If I sleep inclined then my neck doesn’t hurt, but I tend to snore loudly.

I’m on the market for a new pillow and was wondering if anyone else has the same problems and how you manage them.

Thanks!!!

I go through those spurts also, I did sleep in the recliner propped up for the first week after surgery. I have a pillow I used when I was pregnant from target that’s great too. Def worth the money !! Hope ya get some relief being without sleep makes for a long day !!

I have Fibro and have found down or gel pillows to be the best as they conform to shape and weight of my head decreasing my neck pain. I am unsure if it will help Chiari neck pain, but wanted to mention nevertheless as Fibro neck pain can be relentless like Chiari neck pain.
Hugs!