Pain relief without the pills

Hey everyone,

Even with pills we all still feel LOTS of pain so I was wondering what does everyone else do that has helped them? My heat pad, aka my lifesaver, takes the edge of my neck/back pain and stiffness but sad to say it broke on me! In the time being before I get a new one, and for further help, what helps you? Thought it would be useful for us all to share how we deal with it and give eachother tips and tricks.

Ive heard of heat pads and stretching and a few other things but personally if I stretch too much I get dizzy and run the risk of fainting and whacking my head on something which isnt very constructive haha Also, Im 17 so I go to school and we all have to go to school/work etc and we cant casually get in a warm bath when it gets bad so any little tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and hopefully we all find something that helps x

Hi..

Great topic..thanks! I recently went off my pain meds ...I think they were causing severe anxiety for me. I try and get exercise...riding a stationary bike with a back rest..I also have used a TENS unit in the past...

Have you checked out the NATURAL HEALING GROUP?? Many folks have used Arnica cream.

I use the Arnica gel and a pillow case filled with rice, put it in the microwave, instead of a heating pads so i can fall asleep with it

Thanks guys, I think I need to get more exercise just to build strength its just trying to find the energy to do it! I'll have to try and that cream because the Voltaren cream that I use is slightly medicated but again, does nothing. And, thats a really good idea with the rice filled pillow case, I always have the problem of nearly being asleep and remembering I have to turn the pad off thus waking myself up, thanks guys!

Coming from England, there arent many pools in gardens but being lucky enough to be in Australia and have one I really should use it more but it still hurts during and after. Should I keep going and eventually it will build strength or is it just a waste of time and maybe even damaging?

Hi...

I just wanted to share with you a product I just bought yesterday at RITE AIDE..it is pretty good!! So thrilled..to be honest..it is called:ZIM'S MAX-HEAT...it is a roll on and does not have an odor and is not greasy...I have ruined more things by using my essential oils...oils stain..just as if you got cooking oil on your clothing...anyway...I must say that this product is well worth the price..I got it on sale for 4.99...they also have a roll on called ZIM'S MAX-FREEZE

Both above products have ARNICA,ILEX, ALOE, TEA TREE OIL as the main ingredients.

UPDATE...If you guys use the above product...do not make the mistake I just did! I took a shower about 1 hr after I put the stuff on...OMG...burned like all get out! Ok now....I wasn't thinking, obviously...should put it on AFTER the shower...My brain...it just ain't right! LOL

I love my travel pillow at bedtime! Also, a home made "rice sock", warmed in the microwave, gives pretty good relief. I put about 2 pounds of uncooked rice (jasmine rice has a nice arome!) into a clean, man's tube sock, tie it shut, warm for about 3 minutes in micro, wrap it around my neck and shoulders....I love it!