Neurotin or gabapentin

sorry if I miss spell either of the meds but a couple of questions.

first question being has anyone suffered from the side effect even after being off of it for a while. I was doping some research and it is possible many of my problems are from the side effects of the med but PCP will not take me off of them?

The second item I found while doing research is that there is a lawsuit against the makers? any thoughts on the lawsuit. Personally I am not of that nature to sue unless it is very severe. I just wonder what it would take if it was necessary.

Mike

I have been on Gabapentin for 2 years now. I have not had any side effects but heard there can be side effects. This is with any medication. As far as the law suit, I heard rumors of it but I believe you must be one of the people severely effected by the drug to be a part of it. Just my thoughts.

I've been on Neurontin for a little over a year now. I had some side effects while first adjusting to the medicine, but they went away after a few weeks. I don't have any now.

I was just wondering about it since we as chiarians act differently to all Meds why would docs still prescribe neurotin/gabapentin. It is something that does not make any sense to me.

Every person reacts differently based on their body's chemistry. So, while it may not work for you, it may work for me. There is really no way to know until it's tried. I was prescribed it for my anxiety and because of my headaches. It works much better than my old anxiety medicine and seems to help a little with my headaches....not much, but a little. But the primary reason I was given it was my anxiety, so I think it's a good medicine for me.

I took gabapentin for about a month to see if it relieved nerve pain. While taking it i was really dizzy and groggy… I was supposed to take it twice daily but never could as it made me so dizzy it was hard to work.