Just got out of hospital and have a question

Hello everyone,

I was just release from the hospital for what they think was one of two things, either an A-typical migraine or a mini-stroke. The doctors at the hospital said they couldn't see anything on the MRI of my head to indicate stroke but need to follow up with my neurosurgeon within two weeks.

I was admitted for severe migraine, left side numbness, and weakness in legs. My understanding is that these are classic signs of a stroke. So my question is, has anyone had this happen to them and what should I ask when I see my NS.

Thanks for any insight.

Roxanne, how are you doing? Any answers yet?

nothing yet. I couldn’t get in to NS until December 2. So still dealing with headache and back to work full time. Hopefully will know something soon, I’m kinda scared.

Roxxanne,

I have had this happen Multiple times. Of the 2 times I went to the ER, I was treated for Stroke/TIA. When I went to my NS and another one for a second opinion they both seemed to blow off what I was saying. I also saw a NL that my NS sent me too for migraines. He did the same thing . I am going to a new NL from the Mayo clinic and according to my cardiac electrophysiologist , she will take the time to research and proper diagnose, I do not get to see her until Jan. 2014, and I hate waiting. Sorry to get a little off track.

I am sorry that I do not have any answers, but you are not alone. I am also research this matter as well. If I come across anything I will let you know.

I’m so sorry, please let us know happens in your appt.