Holy Hormones!

I say holy hormones because I am pretty sure that's what's going on here. But, holy cow! I was just wondering how long (post-op) did the crazy mood swings, crying, hot flashes, cold sweats, etc. last? I used to be cold most of the time. Lately, I've been sweating and burning up. I live in the northern US and it is a chilly 35* outside today and I had the a/c on this evening (windows first but I didn't enjoy the sleet hitting my face!) I wake up in the mornings with my hair wet and covered in sweat. I am so moody that I cry at pizza commercials and at songs that are not the least bit sad or sappy. When will it end? I feel like I'm 29 and menopausal!

I'm not sure! This just started within the last week or so. We can also add that I quit smoking prior to the surgery and gave it up completely (I tease my family that they take Chantix or nicotine patches---I got morphine and percocet to quit.) I see my NL in the middle of January-hopefully it's resolved by then!

Best friend, dysautonomia??? How’s your heart rate? 4 times a day record your heart rate for the next three days or so. If that seems normal you may need to see your PCP for thyroid or adrenal issues…just a few guesses. Sorry you are moody and crying, that’s hard.

Jenn

Honestly, I wind up laughing while I'm crying because I realize how ridiculous it is!! I will check the heart rate thing. Anything specific to look for?

Look for a higher heart rate than your usual. Mine from average of 60 beats per minute to avg 120.