Back to POTS and stuff

So.. the Dr. said to get checked out now for POTS. (Appointment is scheduled for December) I am not fainting, but feel like every day I am getting a little closer.

(Just 6 months out from Chiari decompression surgery)

Yesterday evening I was leaning -sort of- in the corner of my couch reading my Kindle. I sat straight up from about 45 degrees to 90 degrees and suddenly felt like I wasn't even part of the world. My body started humming. I was completely aware, but internally dreaming somehow-somehow disconnected from the world. I don't even know how to explain it. Today I was at work and I got his whole tingly pins and needles thing going down my left arms without the sharp pin-ee feeling. My right arm gets a little too, but not as badly. My shoulders and across my chest felt sort of a lightness- it was a complete.. humming through my body like a wave of energy of sorts. I stood up to walk a student to have a conversation with another teacher and that out of the body/energy experience happened again. I did feel really sort of weak and my legs felt like rubber. It is starting to happen quite frequently. It's kinda scaring me. Does anyone know what this might be? I can't tell now anymore what is what.. Chiari, PMS, being overweight, now POTS... yikes...

I was diagnosed with POTS and learnt that you really don't have to pass out to have POTS. Have you ever checked your blood pressure and pulse?. I bought an upper arm BP cuff and I keep a log of measurements or most have a memory button that stores them. Another thing that I am saving up for is a watch heart rate monitor. They sell them at stores everywhere. It is a good way to keep an eye on your pulse. Stay hydrated with Gatorade or Powerade you can even mix 50/50 with water . www.dinet.org has some great information on POTS. Good luck with your appointment .

Sounds like dysautonomia/POTS to me too. The humming takes me back around to Chiari, or brain stem compression though. How have your Chiari symptoms been since surgery?