Healed incision suddenly scabbing?

Any one have any ideas? I’m almost two months post op from my first surgery, and about the same for my csf leak repair, so my incision is most certainly healed…
And yet now at the very top there’s scabs…
But the type of scabs you get when something oozes, not bleeds, if you know what I mean.
I’m concerned, to me this means it perhaps opened up and is possibly leaking again or oozing which would indicate infection?

Sigh I’m so very frustrated with all of the issues I’ve had the past two months.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing it, please don’t hesitate to answer.

Also, I just noticed it tonight, as it was itchy, and I noticed it felt cruddy and a piece of scab came off.
And yes, it’s still kept clean.

I’ll attempt to insert a photo of what it looks like to hopefully help with any suggestions.

Thank you in advance!
64-20150621_222821.jpg (1.85 MB)

Thank you for your response!
I certainly hope its not a forgotten stitch, because they weren’t dissolvable ones, I’m guessing it’s just the deepest part of the wound and is the last part to heal. I hope it’s nothing to be concerned of and if it’s still there when I see my doctor, I hope he has answers.

I’m beginning to think you’re right about a left behind stitch and the skin grew over it…
It’s not scabby, but it feels very rough and just not right.
But like I said, they’re not the dissolvable kind so I don’t know how he’d get it out if that’s the case :confused:
It takes forever to get through, I see him in less than a week for another follow-up, so I’ll bring it up along with all of the other problems I’m having lol

I saw him today, and he told me it was nothing to worry abour, that because it’s trying to heal at the hair line it’s going to heal differently than the rest. I also brough up the left behind stitch idea and he said the body woupd just begin to reject it and push it out.

How ever now I’m concerned because I scratched it pretty bad last night-it’s been super itchy and I’m always careful, but I guess I hit the wrong spot and oh man did it hurt. It’s very swollen with a huge blister.

The blister came off on its own a few minutes ago, I’m thinking my hair loosened it up- but not only was it a scab, there was greenish/white pus attached to it.

I tried squeezing it (which hurt very much too) and a tiny bit more came out plus a lot of blood and it’s still bleeding. So now I’m more concerned. And I won’t even be able to contact them until Monday and my next follow-up isn’t for almost another month :frowning:

I’d add a picture of the incision, you can see a clear hole, but it wont let me on a response :confused:

Hi there Kayla, sometimes when we heal there is a tiny bit of goo but it can also be the sign of infection, especially if you've scratched because fingernails are notorious for having yucky bugs underneath them. If you're still having problems over the weekend can you get it checked out at a walk-in medical centre or the ER, maybe even your local pharmacist would take a look and recommend a topical? A teaspoon of salt dissolved in one pint of boiled water - COOLED - and then used to gently clean is a natural antibiotic but it may sting a bit. Don't delay in getting a medic to check it though if it's got any worse.

It’s still scabbed up, there’s like and opening in the skin. I want to call it a hole, but its not open, the incision just still hasn’t come together.
My NS didn’t seem concerned, he said that since its at the hair line it will heal differently since its competing with the hair growing back- or something to that nature.

I did scratch the absolute crap out of it about four days ago, bad enough it separated the incision slightly. There.was a scab that came off that with some greenish white stuff, but I havent had any other signs of.infection there like unusual redness or warmth, theres some swelling and what feels like a couple of knots… one at the top next to the “hole” and one next to where I scratched it.

Thank you for the salt water idea!, I’ll be sure to give it a try!