Feeling bad, vomiting

Hello you amazing warriors. My daughter had surgery to correct a 19 mm hericiatikn of her cerebral tonsils almost a year ago. Surgery went well and she bounced back but still has headaches but not as bad. She can throw up without having excruciating pain in the back of her head. Yay. But lately she has been vomiting more and complains of tummy ache and ‘doesn’t feel good’. It could be just that she is constpated and something she’s eating doesn’t agree w her. It’s defintitely not a tummy bug as it happens too often. I asked her neurosurgeon but she said no way it is chairi related. Does anyone else w chiari have these issues? If so what do you do? Thank you all.

Might be time to step away from the neurosurgeon for answers on this and seek out help for food intolerances, diet changes to address constipation, change up the SAD diet… I know that refined carbohydrates are terribly constipating for myself… everyone is different with their diet and it is not always easy to accept the changes that will help. I am still getting over becoming lactose-intolerant at the age of 40 and now finding out that one of my children is as well. It is hard to change cooking and diet habits but it sure sounds that that is what your daughter will have to do in some capacity to settle down her gastro-intestinal symptoms. Good luck in finding out what they are.

Thank you for all of your feedback. Great advice. Much appreciated. We have stopped nitrates, decrease sugar and low fiber carbs, increased fiber. We are trying. Thanks!!

Yes, yes and yes…I swear by fiber pills (remedies). Now a days they have children’s kinds as well that won’t seem so dreadful. Also, could be a side affect to one of her medications.