Brief Bio & Questions

Hi. I was diagnosed with Chiari four years ago. I also have scoliosis and had a 13 level fusion T3 – L3. I often experience nasty headaches, dizziness, neck/shoulder pain, stomach issues, and gagging. Does anyone else experience the gagging for no apparent reason? Is there anything I can do to relax this reflex? Are there any recommendations for the neck/shoulder pain? I have a lot of anxiety as well, which can make some of life’s daily activities very tough to get through.

Hi..

Welcome!! Thanks for your post and letting us know a bit about your history.

I am just wondering..have you had a recent brain MRI? Consulted with a neurosurgeon? What you are describing can certainly be Chiari related...That is why I am asking about the MRI and consult.

Lets see what the other members have to say..we are all in this together!!! Hang in there!

Hi Sara,
Welcome!
I gagged and threw up for eight months straight. Terrible bouts with vertigo, loss of good mobility and activities. Not much helped me with the gagging. Once I stopped moving around so much it went away. Sounds simple but what I mean is I sit in my chair most of the day now. WITH a heating pad. Not much of a warrior here. Just try to keep a smile on my crappy attitude inside and out.
Dr gave me meds for the throwing up. Stopped taking them after a month of it not working. Would love to hear what has helped others. This sitting around is crazy. But I have a great view!

Sara, I can’t help with the gagging- I’m sorry. For the neck and shoulder pain I have had some luck with Arnica gel. It takes about a week of use before it kicks in, but it has made a difference for me and some other people here. I’m glad you are here!

Jenn