Dealing with stress: got any tips?

Oh my goodness! The last few weeks have been just insane. Between family issues, health issues, and the looming question of if I'll be able to get back to school, I'm really really busy and really stressed.

Do any of you guys have any tips/suggestions/hints for how to deal with this mountain of stuff going on? I'm just getting overwhelmed here.

That's the thing: I can't wait. It's either go back now, with mere months left, or drop and go back months to a year down the road. If I dropped, I'd have to pay a huge re-enrollment fee when I'm able to go back. This isn't the school's fault, it's a restriction caused by my federal financial aid. And really, that's not an option I want to consider. I go to a cosmetology school, and I'm at the point where I'm working on the salon floor all day. It's basically on the job training, but I don't get paid for a minute of it. My NS says I can go back part-time, but again, because of the type of school I attend coupled with my financial aid, that's not really an option. So you can see what I'm dealing with. I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place.

And, yes, as of tomorrow, I'm 10 weeks post-op.

I don't have the time or the money to take more time. I may have to bite the bullet and just go back. My GPA will suffer to a degree because our grades and attendance are tied together, but I will have to deal with that. My GPA is high enough to withstand some adjustment time.

No advice, just sympathy... I'm in the same boat. I'm one quarter from graduating college, I was signing all the documents to start my own business, I just got married last September, my job still hasn't paid out any disability money and our savings is gone, I had to quit all my volunteer positions... And I haven't even seen a neurosurgeon/set a date for surgery yet! It's so frustrating what we're going through. The only thing that's kept me going is posting here and knowing I'm not alone, and painting.

Good luck, I hope things start going better for you!

Katrina W.