Cold

as i read thru here i see that a lot of symptoms i've had through out the years are connected to the chiari. i'm wondering if this consistent cold feeling is part of it too? anyone else experience that?

OMG OMG yes,im cold even when its summertime.Everyone thinks im crazy!!!!!!!

Me too! My friends and family tease me about it all the time. It can't be a coincidence!

Have you read about Raynauds? I have read it is common in Chiarians. I have it and oh my am I cold! My toes go completely white and sometimes my hands turn bluish. The parasympathetic nervous system goes into fight or flight mode and cuts the circulation off to unnecessary parts of the body. This started for me when I was in my 20's and I developed the Raynauds looking feet about 2 years ago. Seems like a progression to me. Some Chiarians also have POTS which can pool blood in certain parts of the body as well. Hypovolemia is common with POTS (too little blood). Just a few things to Google...

pebbles said:

Have you read about Raynauds? I have read it is common in Chiarians. I have it and oh my am I cold! My toes go completely white and sometimes my hands turn bluish. The parasympathetic nervous system goes into fight or flight mode and cuts the circulation off to unnecessary parts of the body. This started for me when I was in my 20's and I developed the Raynauds looking feet about 2 years ago. Seems like a progression to me. Some Chiarians also have POTS which can pool blood in certain parts of the body as well. Hypovolemia is common with POTS (too little blood). Just a few things to Google...

mama b said:

thanks pebbles! will definitely look into that.

pebbles said:

Well, gonna add to the list and say YES! Not much to do about it I was told by my Dr. since my blood tests are all normal: vitamins, cbc, thyroid, Iron, b's etc...all normal.

And I still get the chills.

I am on thyroid and had Chiari Surgery on the 13th of Jan. and I STILL get the chills.

My bf bought my a really nice heated throw. I put it on the bed and turn it on.

Then when I get in bed it's all toasty!

My sister is like that too.

I get cold spells or that is what I like to call them.

I hope this means I won't get hot flashes later! Lol

No one seems to care about it cuz all the tests are normal.

My Dr. said just wear extra clothing cuz she can't figure out why and it's not gonna kill me so....it is very annoying and unpredictable and can actually hurt it is so cold.

I don't seem to have POTS either.

Let us know if you figure out what is causing yours!

:-)

ALL THE TIME! I just thought it was me. I used to be just the opposite and stayed hot, but since my surgery I freeze nonstop!