Chiropractor Neurologist

Hi Anjela

It might be helpful when searching for solutions to dizziness to understand what is going on with Chiari dizziness ie why it is happening. There are lots of different causes for people to be dizzy and they need to be ruled out through assessment with vestibular therapists. When they have ruled out peripheral causes or treated that component as necessary, they can then focus on central issues. In Chiari causing dizziness the problem is the brain is not processing vestibular information correctly. Re-training the brain through neuro-development (primitive exercises) gets the brain working properly. The problem with having Chiari without the surgery is that the cause of “brain strain” continues with the herniation and exercises would no doubt need to be on a somewhat regular basis.

Well I saw my chiropractor a few yrs ago for something unrelated but saw a book in his waiting room about the relief they can give. He did some adjustments on me and I have had 3 MRIs and they can not find the chiari I was diagnosed with in 2005. I torn my rotor cup and I am going to talk to him some more about the chiari and get him to help me with my shoulder. Find a good one that knows about Chiari and understands. Oh, i just remembered, i was getting very dizzy headed when I went and had been on meds for weeks. He stopped it that same day!!