Chest pain

Okay so this will probably sound dumb, but here it goes. Has anyone here experienced chest pain that’s not in the center of your chest? I know I should always err on the side of caution with chest pain, and that chiari is most likely not the cause, but I also know that a lot of us tend to have other issues as well haha. This pain is really just kind of discomfort like above my left breast almost at my collar bone and my left upper arm and shoulder just kind of feels weird. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks guys :slight_smile:

I've had chest pain similar to what you describe on and off for the past 18 months or so. When it first started I wound up spending an entire weekend in the hospital having all sorts of testing done on my heart. Very scary! After all that, they sent me home with a shrug, and "it's probably just costochondritis". Gee thanks! LOL

I agree with Beeba, though...if this is a new symptom you're probably better off getting it thoroughly checked out. If the doctors don't find anything "wrong", it's probably ok to ignore it, or treat the pain if its bad. I hope this helps! Good luck!

I've had the pain like you are describing before. I called my doctor and he said to take 800mg of Motrin or Ibuprofen and if it weren't better in an hour to go to the ER. I have been to the ER a couple times myself thinking I was having a heart attack. But, since this is new pain for you, it is better to err on the side of caution and get checked just to be sure.

Well, this morning when I woke up the discomfort was gone. But then showed up again while I was eating. It tends to flare up when I’n eating. Last night it got worse during dinner and all I was eating was asparagus, cantaloupe, and egg whites. Definitely making me worry a bit, but I’m still here haha.

Ellie....

How are you doing??? Did you call your doctor ?? Just my opinion...really think you should call and explain your symptoms and be seen...it could be nothing serious...just to be on the safe side...do I sound too bossy??? Sorry, if I do...just concerned.

Please let us know how you are. Thanks!

Hello, sorry for not responding! It's been a busy few days. The feeling has pretty much gone away! My arm keeps feeling weird, but I'm starting to wonder if it's not a heart issue. I feel like if something really bad hasn't happened yet that I'm not having a heart attack or anything...I had a cine mri yesterday as well as an mri of my neck and spine so I will find out soon if I have syringomyelia so if I have it, perhaps that is what is causing the weird sensation in my arm. I will keep you all updated! Thanks for the support!