Chest Pains?

Does anyone on this site experience any chest pains? Have never had any chest pain before but have been struggling the past couple of weeks with it. Feels like a crushing feeling right in the center of my chest and sometimes under my right breast. Almost feels like really bad heartburn, but it doesn't go away with Pepto. Trying not to be overconcerned. Just wondering if any of you have it too or what may cause it? It's not all the time, but enough to make me a bit worried. Thanks!!

I had burning chest pain on the left side of my chest and burning pain running down my left arm actually a few days before my Chiari diagnosis. I am so silly though because I was still working then and I worked in the ER and refused to ask one of my doctors to look at me! I just didn’t want the attention but it continued for a couple days so I decided I needed to get it checked out. Especially because I have an extensive heart history in my family. Everything was ok with my heart and they told me it was probably just stress. Just like a slew of other dr’s would tell me in the coming months after my Chiari diagnosis. But like the others have said, it is better to be safe than sorry! I would get it checked.

Yes, I suffered with that for a few months and it really felt like a heart attack. They ran all kinds of tests and never could find what was causing it. Any chest pain needs to be taken seriously and get checked out. This went on for about three months and then out of the blue it went away. I hope for your sakes it isn't serious.

Hi Mandy,

Thanks for the good wishes. I haven't been in to see a doctor yet, but I'm actively looking for one. I have a nurse practitioner that I see, but at this point she's pretty tired of me coming in to see her. She's basically washed her hands of me because she doesn't know what else to do. Doctors in my small town are hard to get into, so I'm looking elsewhere. I've considered going to the ER, but I guess I just figure, why? I'm so frustrated right now with trying to get a doctor to understand and help me that when new things pop up i just shake my head. I'll let you know when I find a doctor. In the meantime, thank you for your well wishes!

Mandy said:

Hi Rosebud, just wondering how you are doing, it's always concerning to hear someone has chest pain.

Hope you are better :)

Mandy

Yes, have for a long time now but mine is located on left side of cehst and down arm...

It's weird because mine also hurt's right under my bra also but radiates across my left side.. This is so scary and I have a huge family history of heart disease.,I'm actually the only survivor in my family ! I'm so tired of being told it's from Chronic pain , meds etc.. I live in a small town and even though I had decompression surgery they still treat me like I am a drug seeker if something is going wrong!

My Chiari Dr is wonderful and doesn't understand why the Dr's where I live have been so complacent about my care ! I lived with gallstone's and a bad Gallbladder for 3yrs before I got so sick and couldn't eat !Then they had the nerve to call me Anorexic ?

They also found 13 1/2 dozen White matter Lesions on my brain but no one feels the need to figure it out and it scares me to death... Sorry just frustrated how hard it is to get treated once you're labeled with a Chronic disorder

Thank you for .sharing sorry if I rambled on...

Deb