Brain Meltdown

Hi, I am new to this. It is actually the first thing like that I have ever participated in. I had PCF Decompression six weeks ago. Everything has gone way better than I expected. One thing that I am struggling with is my brain gets tired really easily and then my vision gets like old televisions with rabbit ears - fuzzy. I can see, it is not blurry but just fuzzy which disorients me. Has anyone who has had the surgery experienced this - like brain meltdown? Before the surgery, I was in a constant fog. I am not anymore which is great! Now, I wake up. I am clear headed. I start to work but within an hour to an hour and a half my brain is like the Cheerios guy on the commercial - going downhill fast and backwards. I am also having a lot of problems with recall and planning. I wonder if anyone else had anything like this and how long did it last? Was there anything that helped? I appreciate any advice. Wishing you all deep peace and healing, Fr. D

I don't have much to add but I want to bump this up to the top of the page. I think it's pretty common but I don't have a memory of it happening to me.

Fr. D -

My surgery was on October 10th, and yes, I still have similar symptoms. My neurosurgeon told me that it is very common to experience those types of things for 3 to 6 months after surgery, maybe longer. His advise was to get in bed and rest as soon as I feel those symptoms coming on. I’m not sure what your employment situation is; I am lucky that I don’t work, so I can rest at anytime. But to answer your question directly, yes, I think it is normal to experience these symptoms at only 6 weeks post-op. As I said, I am still experiencing the same things, and my neurosurgeon said it is perfectly normal after that type of surgery.

I hope I was helpful to you. I’d be happy to answer any other questions you have. This forum is new to me as well.

-Southern Belle