Memory problems

Hi everyone, well I had my decompression and sugery for stenosis in my neck. I have notice some improvements but my biggest concern is my memory. when these symptoms started showing up 7yrs ago, I slowly stopped talking. I get easily confused and I feel my brain is on constant overload. I dont take any meds now except fiorecet to help with the stiffness, but I feel it maybe has developed into depression. Is or has anyone going through this. 4 weeks out of surgery. Sorry my thoughts skip all over the place

Hi Robin....

I will share with you what my NS told me....He said that it would take time for the body/brain to adjust to the corrected CSF flow...so..it will take time to see/feel the positive results of the surgery due to this....he also told me that b/c of the new flow, I may even get a few new symptoms..but they would go away...He was so right....I got new Sx's..they did leave ...and recovery was subtle ....but I did get good results...it just took time...THinkig back...my surgery was 4.5 yrs ago...I want to tell you it was about the 3-4 mth mark that I felt as though I was making good progress....

I take Fiorecet for head aches....do you think that maybe a muscle relaxer would work better for you instead of the Fiorecet? Just a thought..Fiorecet can cause memory issues as well as rebound h/a's if take every day. I have been using this med for yrs....but if I take it too often..for instance 4 days in a row..I know I am dealing with a rebound h/a.

Let us know how you are doing.