Arnica Gels for pain relief?

Ok heres my question and a bit of back ground.

When CM1 folks get headaches, perhaps more than the one that seems to be a constant for alot of folks, do you also get muscle spasms or pain in your upper back, shoulders, neck?

I do not have the CM1 in my family. That lovely award goes to my 18 yr old daughter. I have had terrible migraines and upper back and neck pain since I was 16. Im 55 now :) I found over time that propanalol, prescribed below the therapudic dose for its primary use as a beta blocker for hearts, does in fact prevent migraines if taken daily. f I get a migraine now which is rare, compared to weekly or more in the old days, I can fight it with Ibuprophen, which would have been laughable in the old days. When I did get migraines I never knew which caused the other. Did migraines bring on upper back and neck muscles spasms or did the muscle pain trigger the migraine? Some migraines came for no reason, some came with muscle use like a gymnastics class which was a really bad idea. Ok long story short I still get the back , neck pains which have moved around to the front of my rib cage too, even with no headache. I blame alot of that on many car accidents (getting rear ended in Washington DC commuter traffic) and lots of falling off horses in my young and immortal days. :)I've discovered that gels with Arnica REALLY help relax the muscles.

So my questions are, Do CM1 folks get the painful muscles along with headaches? And, if so, has anyone tried arnica gel/rubs to help diminish at least the portion of pain caused by the mad muscles?

Awesome. Thats good to hear! I would suggest that your doc knows about the magnesium. I THINK it is possible to build up too much in your body. He/She might want to test your blood levels.

Emmaline said:

Yes indeed! Arnica is great for so many things. I'm 10 mos post op and still putting it on my neck almost everyday. I don't get headaches much any more, but I still feel discomfort in my neck area. I also take extra magnesium everyday. It's a natural muscle relaxer.

It's also great for bruising, other muscle aches, sprains...and I even used it on a muscle cramp in my leg...I got the cramp to go away, but the pain lingered. Spread some Arnica cream on it and it was gone soon after!

Thanks! That is good information!

Emmaline said:

Yes, my magnesium level is monitored. Most of us are very deficient because of our diets.