Advice for me?

Just scheduled decompression surgery with Dr. Souweidane at Cornell for April 30th… Wasn’t really nervous until I booked the procedure, now I’m thinking “who needs surgery? I can live like this a bit longer…” Suddenly I’m weaker than before too. (I know that’s the anxiety talking) this will be my first general anesthesia. Anyone have any advice for me? I’m going tomorrow to buy a soft blanket for the hospital-I hate being cold in the hospital!! Anything to help me relax…

Thank you, ChiariPT! That is all very good advice for me, I really appreciate it.

Lol, I know what you mean about how did we end up speaking about brain surgery… I blurted it out the other day to one of our building maintenance men (who I’ve now known for many years now-but still) he asked if I had a headache (I was holding my head in that ouch kind of way I guess) and it just came right out. “Yeah but hopefully the surgeon will fix that in a week or so…” Lol. He was cool about it thank god and didn’t say anything awkward (or to make it more awkward than it already was…)

you’re also right about faith, I keep reminding myself about it when I get too anxious. I’m not a fan of pills after becoming addicted to the opiates I was taking for pain management but maybe in this case I need it as my symptoms increase with stress… Thank you again for your kind words and advice!