A whole new set of problems (Again)

Hi all

It doesn't appear the entirety of your post actually made it here. Try again, so we can offer you support.

Take care,

Geoff

Whoops, thanks Geoff!

Firstly I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and I'm wishing you all the best for 2014!

well, the whole new set of issues that has arisen is that my Neurologist (Who has in all his infinite wisdom decided that Chiari is all gone and dealt with after surgery) as decided to write to my GP and stop ALL MY PAIN MEDICATION, as the caps lock suggest I am not a happy bunny about this, I haven't gotten my results from my MRI scan yet (due to the swelling where part of the skull was removed) and just to add to my fun the spasms have decided to return, they're mainly affecting my neck, arm, shoulder and leg, the neck ones are the worst because every time I relax my neck spasms and flings my head and neck forward which leads to awful pain and as my medication has been stopped (Over here once a consultant stops your meds only that consultant can restart them, oh the joys of the medical rules!) I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on what to do? Or feel free to slate my neurologist, that'll probably cheer me up too!

I would see if your GP or NS can refer you to a Pain Mgmt doctor for further care of your pain. They're not allowed to deny you further pain control usually. Personally, NL are only interested if your arm is frozen rigid or you have foot drop. Things they can see are objective, pain isn't. They're not good at it , and they shouldn't be involved. That's why pain mgmt. as a special field exists.

Good luck,

Geoff

I called up my NS earlier this week and asked him about my most recent MRI scan as he hadn't given me my results yet.. so it turns out that the report was never sent to him so nobody has actually read it yet... feeling so let down by the medical community again :(

Oof, I don’t even know what to say. This guy just pure s*€£s. I agree the pain clinic is the way to go. Keep good notes on this and what transpires, cause to me this seems wrong. And by wrong I mean unethical, If no med contract was broken.

Hang in there,
Jenn