A list of things to take with me?

I am leaving Thursday, early afternoon, to head to Denver to meet with Dr. Oro's nurse and register at hospital for Monday surgery.

Besides the fact that I am both excited and starting to freak out, I need help with what to take with me. I went through some old posts on the board, but would love to get plain ole lists from you experienced ones. I won't be back home for 2 weeks, so anything you can think of that I will need in the hospital as well as the next 2 weeks of recovery would be so helpful as I am starting to gather what I need.

I guess it is "game on" around here! :-)

thanks in advance!

I'm having surgery the 15th too! A list would be so helpful. I'm in the half excited/half freaked out phase too!

I am so glad I am not the only one having surgery on the 15th and freaking out! Where will your surgery be?

HI Emmaline

I couldn't find a list of things to bring to the hospital for my decompression/Chiari surgery, or things that I might need the first few weeks following surgery.

Can you tell me where in the resource section the list of helpful things for surgery is?

Gunna: My surgery is in Cincinnati, about 5 hours from my home.

I'm heading to visit Dr. Oro for my 3 day consult on Oct. 24. I'm afraid I won't be a surgical candidate..at the same time, I'm afraid I will be. What a crazy world Chiari is. Somehow I'm comforted knowing you are going to have surgery in the same place I'm visiting. I will be in prayer for you daily. Please keep us posted.

Michele

beeba's list is awesome. i am 2 weeks post op and only thing i would add is biothene moisturizing mouth spray. after surgery my mouth was so dry and yucky i even had trouble drinking water and the spray helped -heard about it on this site. my prayers are with you :)

sorry I haven't been back on to comment...your posts are awesome. Yes, it is a fine and crazy line to walk wanting brain surgery and not wanting it....I went nuts (as you all know) feeling like I wouldn't be a candidate. Now that my surgery is 36 hours away, I am freaking out. I am trying to put the reality of it out of my mind, staying insanely busy. I am so tremendously wiped out that now I think surgery and recovery will be a vacation for me...haha