Check list for surgery

Hi all, my surgery is In two weeks so I’m starting to think about the best way to pack/ prepare. I know I found a blog in here about what to bring for surgery, how to prep, but that was months ago. I can’t find it now.

If you know where this is on the webstite can you let me know or give a little advice yourself. I’m bringing earplugs in case of rude hospital room neighbors and pj pants, but other than that not sure what else is clever.

Bring your own pillows from home, several if you can. And a blanket if you think you might need one (hospital linens generally suck). Obviously your basic toiletries, toothbrush etc. A button front shirt for when you come home or a very loose collar, you are not going to want to pull something over your head too tight. Generally, comfortable clothes to wear home, easy to slip on. Slippers (or slip on shoes) and a robe- most doctors want you to walk the halls a little bit before they will discharge you. I also brought some snacks, but my appetite was non existent - but i was glad i had them, my husband ate them lol. Cell phone, phone numbers, list of medications you take and dosage, obviously insurance info. Im just going off the top of my head. You really wont need much. The pillows were the most important thing, for me. Trying to get your head comfortable will be hard enough, it helps a little to have your own pillows imo.