Surgery

Count down is on. Surgery is on the 16th of this month. I am nervous and scared at the same time. I saw my dr for the per op and he said I will be in the hospital for 3 days. ICU first and then I go to my own room and then home on the 18th. I will be out of work for 2 weeks. Any advice or what to bring would be great. Thanks

Congrats on the upcoming surgery! I was also scared, but I had such severe pain before surgery, the pain from the actual surgery was nothing to me! When it comes to bringing stuff, I brought every thing but the kitchen sink. I only ended up using my robe, pjs, slippers, brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner (some docs won't let you wash your hair, but mine did), hair ties, blanket, pillow and something comfy for the ride home. It doesn't hurt to bring something to read too, but you might not get a chance to read a whole lot. So generally basic stuff, anything you would bring with you to a hotel lol. Good luck on your upcoming surgery!

Shannon, good luck with your surgery. I didn't really take anything much to the hospital with me. I was in for five days because I had basilar invaginastion cervical fusion surgery too and I found that all I really needed was some toiletries and they furnished that. If you are willing to use the stuff they furnish, you shouldn't need anything except maybe a robe. My doctor did get me up the next day to walk around a bit and the robe helps. I did miss my electric toothbrush though LOL!

Hugs

Shirey