8 Weeks Post-Op

Hello all I'm 8 weeks post op and feeling depressed and alone in this healing process. I'm having trouble sleeping as I can't seem to get comfortable my neck and back still hurts . The head aches are nit coming as often but when they do they are severe . I'm having this burning sensation in my head ( is that normal). I call the dr but his nurse or PA calls back and makes feel as if I'm just crazy and brush me off. I advised them that a knot has formed in my neck on the left side and I might need PT and they wrote me a prescription for it. I just want to hear from anyone that can help. Feeling alone in this journey.

Hi,

I have no idea of what you may be going through, but I know what is like to feel alone and in pain. All I can do for you is to keep you in my prayers and hope that you may have found some kind of comfort.

-Essy

butterfly, so glad you reached out to update us. I am sorry the recovery has been difficult. You are your best advocate for your continued post-op care. It is good you pushed to get a script for PT. I hope it provides relief. You aren’t alone either. Please continue to reach out here as you need. Hopefully others here will share experiences as well.

Best wishes,

Laurie

Hi Butterfly, thank you for reaching out. You have been through a lot in a very short period of time. Please allow yourself time to heal, after all you just had a major surgery. Only you know if something feels right or not so continue to be your most vocal advocate. Stay the course sister:) You are in my thoughts and prayers today.

Thank you for the support, kind words and prayers.
Essy said

Hi,

I have no idea of what you may be going through, but I know what is like to feel alone and in pain. All I can do for you is to keep you in my prayers and hope that you may have found some kind of comfort.

-Essy

thanks BaltimoreBaby I have started PT and working with my NL on pain management. I just felt alone, as family and friends seem to just not understand what I go through daily. I will continue to be my own advocate for my health as no one knows how I feel but me. So glad I found this site.

BaltimoreBaby said:

butterfly, so glad you reached out to update us. I am sorry the recovery has been difficult. You are your best advocate for your continued post-op care. It is good you pushed to get a script for PT. I hope it provides relief. You aren't alone either. Please continue to reach out here as you need. Hopefully others here will share experiences as well.
Best wishes,
Laurie

Thank you I will ensure I allow myself the proper time to heal. I have started a journal of my recovery so I will be able to communicate with my NS .
Drycare said:

Hi Butterfly, thank you for reaching out. You have been through a lot in a very short period of time. Please allow yourself time to heal, after all you just had a major surgery. Only you know if something feels right or not so continue to be your most vocal advocate. Stay the course sister:) You are in my thoughts and prayers today.

As in any recovery, one of the greatest things we have are utilizing the tools that's everywhere around us. Be it finding solace in music or tv, logging on to this helpful site, talking to loved ones or ignoring them (haha), your self awareness is crucial in a society that over/under medicates or over/under diagnoses. Many downplayed my daughters condition and if not for my own awareness, she would never have been diagnosed herself. I fight frustrations, concern, stress with contending with her Chiari as well as other issues, too. SIngle mom with minimal emotional support because I often choose to battle alone with pride. But that's not always healthy. I'm learning to reach out and ask for help. I'm sorry you're uncomfortable but at the risk of sounding cliche, time really does heal all wounds. Or some of it. You're still very vulnerable and not strong, so you rightfully have discomforts no one can understand unless their in your shoes. The world can be insensitive and cynical, but I believe it sucks for you. I'll add to the prayer line that you have behind you and pray for further continued recovery and comfort. Aloha, Gina