7 week post op update

7 weeks and although I’ve had my moments of total low feeling trapped in the house and wanting to escape, as well as depending on those around me. These moments have been few and far between and for the most part time has flown.
What an experience and one I don’t regret one bit!! 80% of symptoms now gone, on paracetamol every 6 hours but nothing stronger and starting to live life again. See the surgeon in a week and a half and hopefully get approval to drive again and work part time at least.
Scar is Perfect and healing really well. Almost can’t see it. Hairs growing back but if the rest of my hair out and straightened you wouldn’t even know I had surgery.
Battle for the next couple of weeks is now being off the steroid I was on since feb gettin rid of all the side effects of that… But that’s ok
But yes the news is all really really positive and I thank everyone on here for there support :slight_smile:

What great news! I'm going in for surgery in 3 weeks, and I love hearing stories like this, they make me very hopeful. Thank you for sharing, and congrats on the recovery!

Thanks… It’s scary heading into surgery and I must admit I really didn’t have to much time to worry only 2 and a half weeks from diagnosis, but symptoms got horrific by the time it came around.
Try as much as possible to stay positive as I truely believe that aided in my recovery so so much! Will be thinking of you xx

Queen_Vic said:

What great news! I’m going in for surgery in 3 weeks, and I love hearing stories like this, they make me very hopeful. Thank you for sharing, and congrats on the recovery!

So good to hear you are doing well. I am almost 7 months out and don't regret surgery one bit. I have my life back. Thumbs up to getting to drive again.

Diana

Hi....

Thanks for the update...thrilled you are doing so great!!! I know what you mean about the steroid..they are sometimes a necessary evil....they do work well with inflammation ..but coming off them can be anxiety provoking....but I am sure your doctor will wean you slowly and all will be well.

SO HAPPY YOU ARE FEELING GOOD!!!!!!

Thank you soo much for sharing.I needed to here a success story