4th Times a Charm!

Today was the day that I saw a new doctor and what can I say............ but, I LOVE my neurosurgeon!!!!!!!! Dr. Luciano is awesome. He has great bedside manner which is number one in my book. I can't deal with arrogant buttfarts. He knows his stuff. He loaded up my CD and went through every one and explained to me in a way that I can understand why I wasn't a retroflexed ontontoid.

Basically I have major crowding going on and it has my tonsils acting like a corkscrew and my CSF is the wine that can't get to the party in my spinal cord. (He said the corkscrew, the rest of that analogy is all me, lol)

I was late and he apologized for the bad weather. How cool is that????

The ProposedTreatment Plan [Yikes!!!!]

Remove part of bone [laminectomy]

Open up dura [duraplasty]

Cauterize cerebeller tonsills [tonsillectomy]

Paging Dr. Trumble-------> Is this something you do or have on your patients, specifically, the last part. Now, I was told that the the bottom part of the cerebellum has no function, and that I would not experience any deficit to any motor skill. I was just taken aback becase I have never heard of this and have not had the opportunity to research it.

A nurse will call me in a week to set a date in April

Yay nykki! I’ve been thinking about you all day hoping your appt was a positive experience. Love you wine analogy!

Sorry for the slow response Nykki.

yes, what Dr., Luciano is discussing is the classic decompression most of us do(and is the way I do the vast majority of my Chiari decompressions). We don't always go into that extent of detail but what is described is common(and the best choice for most patients, in my opinion).

Glad it's working out.

Good luck!

Nykki my tonsils were cauterized …I don’t miss them, lol! I think that is pretty standard.

Jenn :slight_smile: