3 days until surgery

Ok, so I have 3 days to go until surgery. Tomorrow is my last day at work, and I am also in the middle of cleaning the house. My to-do list is rotating in my head, and last night I felt like I could not breath just thinking about the surgery. If I would not be in so much pain I would cancel the whole thing. Not being on my RA medication does not help either. Sorry but I am cranky tonight. The only thing I feel good about is that I found an excellent NS, and I am sure he will do a good job with the surgery. I guess that alone should cheer me up.

Hi Lorelei!

I completely understand the anxiety that you have. I too am having my surgery on Monday and when you talked about your to-do list I could totally relate. I am extremely organized and my to-do list is making me buggy Lol. As you said, you are in good hands and even though you are in pain, it will be all worth it. I too am feeling more pain not taking my Meloxicam but am looking forward to healing and moving on with my life. You just have to look forward and don’t look back. Please know that I and everyone here will be thinking about you and saying prayers for your recovery. May I ask who your doctor is? I have Dr Heffez and I could not have more confidence in him.

God bless you Lorelei

Good luck to you as well Julie. My NS is Dr. Jurgen Luders at St. Marys in Grand Rapids Michigan. He is very nice, explains things well, and seems to know what he is doing. I am usually not a big "group" fan, but everyone here is so supportive, it is really great. Thanks. God bless you Julie, I will be thinkink about you!

Julie P said:

Hi Lorelei!

I completely understand the anxiety that you have. I too am having my surgery on Monday and when you talked about your to-do list I could totally relate. I am extremely organized and my to-do list is making me buggy Lol. As you said, you are in good hands and even though you are in pain, it will be all worth it. I too am feeling more pain not taking my Meloxicam but am looking forward to healing and moving on with my life. You just have to look forward and don't look back. Please know that I and everyone here will be thinking about you and saying prayers for your recovery. May I ask who your doctor is? I have Dr Heffez and I could not have more confidence in him.

God bless you Lorelei

Good luck to you both! :) Those last days before surgery are tough on your nerves but you'll be on the other side before you know it!

Good luck to you both I will be thinking of both of you and sending you my best wishes!!! Monday is the first day of the rest of your life it’s going to be awesome (after the recovery of course)

Thank you all for your thoughts and words of encouragement! All will be good!

Lorelei,
I’m so glad that you have a wonderful NS. Confidence in him is key. Please know that you will be in my thoughts and in my heart. Good luck and will connect with you to see how you are doing! :slight_smile:

St. Mary's has a top notch Neuroscience Center. I myself have Dr. Glisson from that group. Everything you will need is in that center. I will have you in my prayers. Try to keep us updated the best you can. Blessings for an easy healing!

Thanks Lori, I also feel that the team at St. Mary's really cares. Did you have surgery yet? I will post my "success" story as soon as I can. Thank you for all the well wishes.

Lori D said:

St. Mary's has a top notch Neuroscience Center. I myself have Dr. Glisson from that group. Everything you will need is in that center. I will have you in my prayers. Try to keep us updated the best you can. Blessings for an easy healing!